The FREC 4 qualification forms part of the QA Pre-Hospital Care Suite of qualifications, with learning outcomes based on the recommendations of:
- Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Skills for Health Assessment Principles
- The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh – Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care
You can view the entire course outline in the official QA Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF) Qualification Specification.
The QA Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised Prehospital care qualification specifically designed for those looking to progress their career within the NHS or private ambulance services as an emergency care assistant, intermediate ambulance practitioner, event medical provider, associate practitioner or healthcare assistant. It is also ideal for those who are looking to work within specialist roles in the military, police and fire services.
Fulfilling the competencies set out in the PHEM skills framework at descriptor level E, this fantastic qualification provides Learners with the knowledge, skills and competencies needed to be able to deal with a wide range of Prehospital care emergencies, such as: major incidents, fracture immobilisation, sick and injured children, mental health problems and more.
This qualification contains 1 mandatory unit (split into 3 components) with a Total Qualification Time (TQT) of 180 hours.
Learners must complete all assessments successfully within the registration period to achieve the qualification. The maximum period to achieve this qualification, including any referrals is 12 months. TQT is the total number of hours required for a Learner to achieve this qualification.
It has 2 elements:
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH) is the time a Learner is being taught and assessed under the immediate guidance of a Trainer/Assessor, which for this qualification is 39 GLH (minimum)
- The number of hours a Learner will reasonably be likely to spend in preparation and study, including assessment, as directed by, but not under the immediate guidance or supervision of a Trainer, e.g. pre-course reading, research, assignment completion, mentored practice/work experience, etc. which for this qualification is 141 hours
Each learner will be expected to complete and pass a Multiple-Choice Question paper in each unit and will be assessed practically in accordance with current prehospital care practice.
There are 3 x Practical assessments, 2 x Skills tests, 3 x Learner workbooks and 2 x Invigilated exams.
Once achieved this qualification is valid while the Learner maintains a CPD portfolio and has attended annual refresher training. Training should include the assessment and treatment of cardiorespiratory arrest and life-threatening injury/illness. This may include an Immediate Life Support qualification.
Note: Re-qualification requires successful completion of the original qualification
PRICING & DATES
First Response Emergency Care (FREC) Level 45 Day Course
- Location: Emergency Planning College, York
- Course Dates (2023);
- Wednesday 22nd – Sunday 26th November (Fully Booked)
- Course Dates (2024);
- Wednesday 14th – Sunday 18th February
- Food and accommodation available on request
What should I do now?
We appreciate that finding the right course for you, whatever stage of research you are at, is an overwhelming process. If you’d like any more information, we’d love to chat. Send us a message below or give the team a call on 01298 811 005.
What our students say
The FREC 4 course was easily the most comprehensive course that I have completed. The facilities, accommodation and food were fantastic. Emergency Planning College is an outstanding training facility with extremely helpful and friendly staff.
Phil K was an observant and dynamic instructor, changing and tweaking his training/delivery style if the other attendees didn’t get it first time. His depth of knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject content must be applauded.
I would love to do more courses under his and Frontier’s instruction.
Contact us today to get more info on our medical courses